Slicker Honored for Professionalism and Ethics
The Oklahoma Bar Association has awarded the 2013 John E. Shipp Award to Frederick K. Slicker for his "dedication to improving the ethics and professionalism of the bar and enhancing the image of the profession." This prestigious award is presented annually to a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association who exemplifies integrity, professionalism, civility and high ethical standards of the legal professional.
The Tulsa County Bar Association has awarded the 2013 Golden Rule Award to Frederick K. Slicker. This award is presented to a member "who demonstrates ethical and professional behavior as an officer of the court and who conducts himself in a manner that improves the image of the legal profession."
The Tulsa County Bar Association selected Frederick K. Slicker to receive the 2010 Neil E. Bogan Award for Professionalism, recognizing him for "his outstanding contributions to the legal profession and his faithful adherence to the highest ideals of the profession."
Tulsa Business Lawyer
Frederick K. Slicker is a Tulsa business lawyer practicing law since 1968 with a primary focus on providing practical solutions to a wide range of business problems. Mr. Slicker is solution-oriented, client-focused and cost-conscious. Mr. Slicker earned a Masters in Law degree (LLM) from Harvard Law School in 1973 and a Juris Doctor degree (JD) with Highest Distinction from the University of Kansas Law School in 1968. Mr. Slicker served as a Captain in the US Army Judge Advocate General's Corps from June,1968 through July,1972. Mr. Slicker has been peer selected for many years as a Best Lawyer in America in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law, and Franchise Law and has been peer selected for many years with the highest possible AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Slicker has represented publicly traded international, national, regional and local businesses with assets in the billions as well as smaller privately held start-up businesses with significant capital challenges. Mr. Slicker's business clients have included major petrochemical companies; oil and gas exploration and production companies; electric public utilities; manufacturing, sales and distribution entities; financial institutions; cable television companies; automobile rental companies; restaurant chains; various service industries and individuals in a variety of other industries and services.
Mr. Slicker's practice involves transactions in a variety of areas, including the following:
- Mergers, acquisitions, asset purchase and sales and stock purchase and sales
- Private securities offerings and federal and state securities law compliance
- Franchise offers and sales and federal and state franchise compliance with registration and disclosure requirements
- Dispute resolution through mutual agreement, mediation, or, as a last resort, through litigation
- General business matters involving:
- Corporations, limited liability companies, general partners, limited partnerships and joint ventures
- Borrowing and other financing transactions
- Employee and consulting agreements
- Product marketing, sales and distribution
- Patent, trademark and other intellectual property licensing
Mr. Slicker also acts as an independent mediator for parties who desire to resolve business problems by mutual agreement through the mediation.